At St James' we combine history and geography into humanities. We have created a stimulating journey through time and a virtual tour around the world.
Through geography we aim to:
- Stimulate children’s interest in their surroundings and in the variety of human and physical conditions on the Earth’s surface.
- Foster children’s sense of wonder at the beauty of the world around them.
- Develop children’s knowledge and understanding of different places and different cultures, inspiring them to travel later in life.
- Help children to develop an informed concern about the quality of the environment and the future of the human habitat.
- Enhance children’s sense of responsibility for the care of the Earth and its people.
Through history we aim to:
- Develop children’s sense of identity through learning about the development of Britain, Europe and the world.
- Introduce children to what is involved in understanding and interpreting the past.
- Enable children to reflect on how decisions in the past affect their lives today.